Sunday, October 13, 2013

Balcony greens and rain creepers

"The Balcony greens" as I refer to them, this the best time of the year, they breed, grow and flourish....The creepers in small vessels creep all around the place or hang, if you use hanging pots. The orchids grow but flower at specific times of the year. This year, I happened to try breeding orchids in addition to my soil creepers and I succeeded to my utter surprize. I started from preparing the pots with dried hard coconut covers, stripping them and filling in the pots in between with semi-ground coarse red brick grains. I separated the orchid seedlings from my original plants. They need air and water and what better time of the year is there, than now, to find them both together!!  This was the best time. So, my balcony has been super-filled during the whole summer-monsoon season. The green of the leaves is the best at this time of the year too. Thus, this is the time for balconies to be made '

Green'. During the winter, in the mist and fog they wither away,  some even disappear. So enjoy them as I post their pictures.... 





No comments:

Post a Comment