Saturday, January 28, 2012

Roses are truly Red, but they have other colours to offer too





This is the final pleasure treat of our tropical winter. Yes, our roses are finally blooming. My mother always had a corner for roses in her garden and I have watched them grow since my childhood. I also tried planting them in our garden in early summer, for them to bloom in late summer when I lived in the west. Then, I tried to include them in my pot plant garden collection on the rooftop. During my moves I had to part with them, giving them away to my dear friends. Now, I have finally added them here again, this time and they have been kind enough to bring about a wonderful bloom right away, after three months of preparing, feeding, cleaning, pruning and weeding. Yes, they do need love and care, but they have a lot to offer, warmth, smiles and lots of joy. Just watch them closely, each one of them as they open up into large full blown roses, slowly but carefully. Their colours are just simple, alluring beauty.  Some are soft, as a touch of gentle dew, others are bright, as in bright, happy red, still others are a deeper romantic red. Some of them bloom as a single "solitaire", looking just like a solid colour of smooth marzipan, others are packed dense petals and keep on opening up as if unwrapping mystery. Some of them fold their petals neatly, working meticulously, as they open up. Their blossoms also differ, some they say "bloom like a fool", all of them together, and the climbing bush is filled with large rose buds, all ready to open up simultaneously while there are other small shrubs that bloom continously, one group after the other. Watch their colours and textures as they are lined up here, they are just breathtaking, each "a piece of beauty, bringing joy forever" !!













No comments:

Post a Comment