Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Flamboyant Colours of the tropical Summer Blossoms





Summer is in full bloom, undoubtedly! Today, I bring to you the fiery colours of the tropical Summer Blossoms. Now, I must move out of my tiny roof top to show you both the fierce and soft summer colours. I will get mixed up with their names, they are so many, flame tree, peacock flower, golden shower, gold dropouts, Krishnachura, Radhachura according to Radha and Krishna, orange to flame red, deep red to scarlet, yellow to burning yellow, then the purple jarul and the soft pink blossoms, they are simply breathtaking beauty. I have the city in frame to proudly display the colours, just take a quick tour, they remain a treasure to the eyes. We have moved in history from Hindu-Buddhists rulers to Moghul-British times to the present. Yes, once planned to be built into a garden city, Dhaka started with open garden spaces, still they remain to be the breathing spaces in today's Dhaka. Then, ofcourse with the British rule as Dacca, the parts of avenues were ornamentally decorated with these summer blossoms such as the Delonix regia or Krishnachura or Cassia fistula, the brilliant yellow, Shonajhuri, the gold droplets, brought in from Madagascar or Mexico, I guess. As Dhaka has walked through it's history so has it carried along it's beauty with pride and in majestic colours. Each year they come with memories of the past, and form newer ones. I write each year about them in different ways still I feel I haven't reached their depths, completely. Everytime they come with a new spirit, new inspiration, and I simply remain amazed by their beauty in golden flames!!







1 comment: